According to Scott Clauson, Medford Chief Of Police, “three months ago the Sheriff, Medford City leaders, and I began having conversations about the extreme fire danger we were anticipating along the Greenway this summer. We know from experience that campers along the creek light warming and cooking fires on a nightly basis. Every summer we have a wildfire or two get out of control, which endangers neighboring businesses, homes and lives. The Coronavirus, with the ‘stay in place’ order, slowed our normal progress to get campers off of the Greenway and into services.”
Read the rest of the story and much more about community partnerships in Rogue Retreat’s August 2020 digital newsletter…
- A vision of housing in Grants Pass – Roy Lindsay, Grants Pass Mayor
- Seeds planted for a new tiny house village — Heart Village — on the West Main campus of Addictions Recovery Center (ARC) (Lori Paris, CEO/President)
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program at Housing Authority of Jackson County (Dave Ruckman)
- NIMBY (not in my back yard) and seemingly insurmountable obstacles overcome (Casey Woodard)
- Employee Spotlight (Jody Lotz)
- Including financial trigger points in your Will (Nina Egert)
- Rural Oregon Expungement (Michael Zhang)
- Extreme Weather Shelter Story (Pastor Murray Richmond)
- Alumni Spotlight (Justin Stein)
- Section 8 Voucher & Affordable Housing Unites in Jackson and Josephine County (Cara Carter)
- Ease the Symptons and Remedy the Root Causes of Our Housing and Homelessness Crisis (U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley)
- Solar Power & Tiny Houses from Medford Rogue Rotary Club
- Need for Better Mental Health Services (Nin Egert)
- Thank You, Schlage Lock Company, for Donating 34 Keyless Entry (Keypad) Locks for Hope Village
- Chronically Homeless Outreach Partnership (CHOP) and OnTrack (Eddie Wallace)
- Order Your Engraved Brick for Foundry Village (Grants Pass)
Special Announcements & Resources
In case you missed them, here are more special announcements and resources…
- Popular tours of Rogue Retreat’s many programs are back! Check out some cool photos from tours here and here. Call us at 541.499.0880 for the next scheduled tour!
- Check out Finding Hope Podcast, Episode #41, featuring Shannon Holland, who provides food and hope. In this episode you will meet Shannon, Kelly Shelter Kitchen Manager and Rogue Retreat Alumni. Please listen and learn how you can get involved to help provide food and hope to those that are working to overcome homelessness. To help with shelter and campground meals, please contact Shannon at 541-499-0880 or by emailing her at email@example.com.
- Life Skills is back… now in a new video format. Check out the Life Skills playlist. Be sure to subscribe to Rogue Retreat’s new YouTube channel so you don’t miss a single Life Skills video. While you’re there, check out some of the new, cool videos including Shine!
- Check out Finding Hope Podcast, Episode #40, featuring Donnie Harper, Rogue Retreat staff member and alumni. You will learn about his journey that led him to Rogue Retreat and the passion that he has found for his work at the Kelly Shelter.
- Like Rogue Retreat’s Facebook page!
- Check out Finding Hope Podcast, Episode #39, featuring Justin Hon, who works as a Peer Support Specialist for rogue Retreat. In this episode you will learn what drew him into this work, how he manages his work life balance, and what inspires him to keep giving back. Justin is an amazing individual that touches many lives. Thank you for helping people find their hope.
- Follow Rogue Retreat’s new LinkedIn company page!