Restart Retreat is Rogue Retreat’s affordable housing second chance renters program for those who are homeless and need a fresh start. Participants in this program already have a consistent, reliable source of income and can afford to pay an affordable rent, but due to less than desirable credit/rental/criminal histories, they find it difficult finding a landlord in the community who are willing to take a risk and rent to them. Participants are responsible for paying the full rent and agreeing to the Rogue Retreat Participation Contract.
RIVERSIDE RETREAT has 11- 1 Bedroom Units
GRAPE ST. RETREAT has 1- 1 Bedroom Unit, 7- 2 Bedroom Units
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- All participants have the weekly support of a case manager who helps them set goals and work towards a better life for themselves and their families.
- All participants receive training on how to care for their apartments. Restart Retreat has monthly housing inspections.
- All participants attend a weekly Life Skills class to connect with other agencies that provide resources and learn how to be successful in all areas of life. Childcare and transportation are provided for the class.
- Rogue Retreat is a drug and alcohol free housing program. All applicants must be clean and sober for at least 60 days before enrollment and agree to stay that way the entire time they are enrolled in the program. Participants that have a recent history of addiction (within the past 2 years) are required to attend recovery meetings and get a volunteer Recovery Coach from Foundations for Recovery.
- Restart Retreat applicants must be individuals and families who are currently homeless according to the State of Oregon Definition of Homelessness. They do not need to be chronically homeless. (See Definition Here)
- Restart Retreat applicants do not have to pass a criminal background check. The only reasons for denial are if any member of the household is classified as a predatory sex offender or a pedophile.
- Restart Retreat applicants must earn at least $725 per month for a 1 bedroom unit or $1,025 per month for a 2 bedroom unit but less than 50% of the Area Median Income. The rent at Riverside Retreat 1 bdrm units include all utilities.
If you are eligible and want to enroll in our program please fill out and return an application. You can find our application at our office location or you can print and fill out the application located below. Your application will be placed on our waiting list according to date and time received, and bedroom size. Please keep us updated if your contact information, family size or income changes. We will contact you when your name is reaching the top of the list to see which program you may be eligible for.
Applications may be dropped off at our office, or mailed to 711 E Main St. #25, MEDFORD OR 97504 or faxed to 541-690-1670. Each adult must fill out a separate application and attach them all together to turn in.