Housing Retreat is Rogue Retreat’s rent subsidized program for people who are currently and chronically homeless. Participants are responsible for paying 30% of their adjusted gross income for rent through our partnership with the Housing Authority of Jackson County and agreeing to the Rogue Retreat Participation Contract.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- All participants have the weekly support of a case manager who helps them set goals and work towards a better life for themselves and their families.
- All participants receive training on how to care for their apartments. Housing Retreat participants have weekly housing inspections. As they demonstrate good housekeeping skills, by getting 100% on their weekly scores, they are promoted to bi-weekly and then monthly inspections.
- All participants attend a weekly Life Skills class to connect with other agencies that provide resources and learn how to be successful in all areas of life. Childcare and transportation are provided for the class.
- Rogue Retreat is a drug and alcohol free housing program. All applicants must be clean and sober for at least 60 days before enrollment and agree to stay that way the entire time they are enrolled in the program. Participants that have a recent history of addiction (within the past 2 years) are required to attend recovery meetings and get a volunteer Recovery Coach from Foundations for Recovery.
- Housing Retreat applicants must be individuals and families who are currently and chronically homeless according to the Federal HUD Definition of Homelessness.
- Housing Retreat applicants will need to be able to pass a criminal background check. The reasons for denial are if any member of the household is classified as a registered sex offender, or has 3 or more criminal charges within the past 3 years, or has been convicted of manufacturing of controlles substances within the past 5 years or have been convicted of possession or distribution of a controlled substance within the past 2 years (unless they are activly involved in or have graduated a drug treatment program).
- Housing Retreat applicants must earn less than 50% of the Area Median Income. They must be able to demonstrate that they can put the power bill in their name and have the income to pay it each month as well as a $50 payment towards their security deposit.
If you are eligible and want to enroll in our program please fill out and return an application. You can find our application at our office location or you can print and fill out the application located below. Your application will be placed on our waiting list according to date and time received, and bedroom size. Please keep us updated if your contact information, family size or income changes. We will contact you when your name is reaching the top of the list to see which program you may be eligible for.
Applications may be dropped off at our office or mailed to 711 E Main St. #25, MEDFORD OR 97504 or faxed to 541-690-1670. Each adult must fill out a separate application and attach them all together to turn in.